How Much Life Insurance Do You Really Need?
One of the questions we get a lot is “How much life insurance do I need?” First, here are some considerations:
- 1 in 5 people wished their spouse or partner had life insurance or more of it.
- 29% say they would feel the financial impact from the death of a primary wage earner in one month after they passed.
- 38% of people have not purchased life insurance or more of it because they’re unsure of how much or what type to buy.
There are “rules of thumb” out there for determining how much life insurance you need, but the answer varies from person to person. You need to consider your own personal situation, including:
- Wages (for you and your spouse)
- Current savings
- Lifestyle (how does your family define being “comfortable?”)
- Personal Wishes (e.g. paying for your child’s college or private schooling or the ongoing care of your dependants)
Your needs may also change over time based upon your current financial status, so you will want to revisit your insurance strategy every so often.
Did you know we have a tool on our website that can help you figure out how much life insurance you need just by asking you a few questions? Use the tool now and then contact us to schedule your consultation.
Get Free Life Insurance Quotes
Your life insurance choices may make the difference in your family’s lifestyle after a tragedy strikes by paying the bills, financing children’s educations, and protecting your spouse’s retirement. Request a quote and our team will review each element of the plan and the cost associated with it. We're here to help you evaluate the value and build unique, cost-effective coverage tailored to you and your family's needs.
Fill out the form to get started
Fill out the form below and a member of our team will get in touch with your shortly.